Looking for the perfect Halloween gifts for your long-distance loved ones? Just because you don’t live on the same street as your nieces, nephews, besties, or child away at college, doesn’t mean you can’t be part of their Halloween experience. Sending care packages, gift baskets, or greeting cards is one easy way to say “I’m thinking of you” on the spookiest day of the year. This gift guide will show you how to cement your place as world’s-best and most-favorite person this Halloween.
Halloween Gifts for Adults
Halloween has always been a holiday that’s as much fun for adults as it is for kids. But most Halloween candy and trinkets are definitely made with kids in mind, and gift baskets are so impersonal (and a little bit boring). So what can you send to your number one witch this Halloween? Try something that’s still on the sweet treat or spooky theme, but a little more elevated than an eyeball shaped bouncy ball.
Halloween Gift Ideas for Adults:
- Anything Harry Potter themed
- A vintage Halloween t-shirt or movie
- Grown-up candy, like champagne bubbles
- Tickets to a haunted house, ghost tour, scary movie festival, or another spooky event in their town
- Some ghoulish earrings or a spider brooch (think: Grandma’s jewelry)
- Fancy chocolate or gourmet popcorn
- (Bonus points if you include photos of the two of you together in Halloween costumes from years past)
Looking for something for someone more specific? We’ve got you covered.
Halloween Gifts for Girlfriend
We get it. Long-distance relationships are HARD! Show your lady that you care this Halloween with a surprise gift in the mail. Here are our top suggestions, guaranteed to win you some brownie-points:
- A photo frame with a picture of the two of you in costume last Halloween
- Halloween nail stickers
- Colorful fall socks
- Skull-themed jewelry or a spooky charm for her charm bracelet, charm, necklace, or charm ring
- Or, send a bath fizz if staying on the Halloween-theme isn’t as important to you as just sending a sweet surprise
Halloween Gifts for Boyfriend
Boyfriends can be so hard to shop for. Especially when you’re trying to send a surprise in the mail and aren’t sure what’s on his wishlist. For a Halloween gift for your boyfriend, try thinking way outside the box and don’t get too caught up trying to make the gift scream Halloween (see what we did there?!). After all, any kind of surprise can count as a treat, right?
- A horror movie you know he loves (or has been dying to see)
- Gourmet popcorn or another snackfood you know he loves
- Pumpkin-flavored anything!
- Ghost tie, socks, or pocket square for your next Halloween date
- A vintage horror movie poster
- A beard comb to get a head start on no-shave-November
Office Halloween Gift Ideas
A lot of offices do a secret Santa gift exchange for the winter holidays, but win coworker-of-the-year by giving your work bestie a Halloween gift, too. These gift ideas are sure to impress even the hardest to impress colleagues and they make great employee appreciation gifts, too:
- Candy, duh!
- A fall scented candle
- A Greetabl gift filled with confetti
- Cute Halloween stationary
- A tiny desk plant
- Or get really creative and give them a Halloween themed desk accessory
Halloween Gifts for College Students
College student homesickness is real, you guys! And by mid-October, it’s kicking in strong for most people. There’s no better way to show your child, grandchild, sibling, or BFF that you’re thinking of them than by sending something in the mail. What should you send your college student for Halloween? Food is the obvious choice, but here are a few other out-of-the-box ideas to get you started:
- “You Got This” socks for a little pre-midterm encouragement
- Photos of the two of you together when they were a child
- A face mask a body scrub for a little self-care time
- A pretty notebook
- One of their favorite stuffed animals from childhood
- Candy, candy, and more candy
- A Greetabl gift with a gift card! Starbucks and Target are both practical options, or go with something like Sephora so they can really treat themselves
Halloween Gifts to Kids
Sometimes nieces, nephews, grandkids, and old neighbors just live too far away to stop by your house to trick-or-treat (like, 1,500 miles too far). Cement your place as favorite-auntie with these cute Halloween gift ideas for kids: